Thursday, October 26, 2006

Washing Maching Update

My e-mail was passed on to Excel Direct Logistics, the company that handles the deliveries for Bernie's TV & Appliances. Last Thursday I had a call from them, on my answering machine, when I returned home after work. After playing "telephone tag" for several days, we finally got to speak to each other today.

First, this was a new driver and he was being overly cautious. Apparently the drivers are held financially responsible for any damages, dents, scratches...etc, during deliveries. Ok, so now I understand why he was being way too cautious about getting through the tight spaces. If it was coming out of my pocket, I would be just as cautious. He needs to explain this to the customer and let the customer decide if they want to take chance.

Second, as for disconnecting the old hose, he will be spoken to about that problem. Reconnecting the old hose to the new machine, again goes back to the first issue of being held financially resposible.

Third, connecting to the drain pipe. On that issue, the driver had previously been told to not connect to any drain pipe that was more than 4 ft. high, from the floor. That isn't what the driver said to me but I let it slide. The reason for this (I had already made sure this wasn't an issue for me) some machines can not pump the water, out of the machine, up more than 4 ft. to the drain pipe. I had previously checked out washer specs to make sure my old machine and new machine, were capable of pumping the water up to drain pipe.

Anyway, it's a long story to say that it was happily resolved. The driver will be coached in how to properly explain things to the customer and I will be receiving a full refund on the delivery fees.

No comments: