Thursday, September 30, 2004

It's one of THOSE days...

The day started off in it's usual manner - get the coffee going, shower and get ready for work. I should have realized it was going to be a bad day when Shadow stole my new package of nylons and hid them from me. I spent about 15 minutes looking for them and found them under the futon in the den. Bad Shadow! Next it's time for the morning commute and that actually went pretty good. I've been taking I-91 South to I-691 for the last week because of traffic tie-ups and construction on I-84.

The morning flew by, just me keeping busy with my normal duties then lunch time rolls around and that's when IT happened. The person I had the confrontation with, last July, came back to "visit" the office staff. It seems she has been out of work for the last 6 weeks and is looking to get her job back at Watkins. As if we don't have enough BS going on in the office, this one wants to come back. Thankfully my boss was out of the office so she couldn't speak with him. There is no way I will work with this person. I didn't even care to be in the office while she visited so I took my lunch break. When I came back, I immediately grabbed the deposit and went to the bank. All afternoon my co-workers chatted about how nice it will/would be if she came back to work. I just kept my mouth shut.

Finally 4:30 rolls around and I was out the door about 4:45, quick listen to the traffic and "Oh shit" there's a game at Rentschler Field tonight. It doesn't matter which route I go home, I'm going to hit the game traffic. Little did I know, the game traffic was the least of my worries. I-91 North was bumper to bumper from Meriden/Middletown all the way to Wethersfield and probably beyond. I got off the highway in Rocky Hill and took the side streets. It normally takes me about 25 minutes to reach the Charter Oak Bridge. Tonight it took 45 minutes and the quickest part of the ride was when I got off the highway!! Finally I'm home - it only took an hour tonight to go 35 miles. As I came through the doorway, I ended my work day by having the storm door slam on my achilles tendon, scraping it to a point of drawing blood and putting a nice size hole in the new nylons I searched for this morning.

Dinner will consist of PB&J (can't burn it and can't hurt myself making it) and then I'm going to bed. Tomorrow has to be a better day!

No comments: