Saturday, April 15, 2006

Getting A Break?

There may be a few breaks coming my way finally! The first has to do with work. The District Secretary is moving to Syracuse on May 1st. For the most part, her job can be done from the terminal in that area. There will be times when she will need to "visit" our terminal to obtain files and physical items. Those times are few and she can make arrangements to travel to our terminal, when necessary. If the District Manager is open to this working arrangement, great for her. If he decides he must have someone in Hartford, that may be good for me. She is planning to speak with him this week and let him know that I am very interested in her job.

While the job has it's own set of headaches, I wouldn't need to deal with the daily BS from current co-workers. The job would also come with a raise but I don't know how much.

The second break has to do with home. This week, my landlord showed up and finally raked the dead leaves from last fall. To me, this is a sign he is getting ready to put the building up for sale, again. While I really don't like this apartment, I hate the thought of moving again, into another apartment. I spoke to my neighbor yesterday and she had talked with the landlord, while he was cleaning the yard. She questioned him about the building going up for sale and his response was that he's going to hold onto it for awhile.

Of course, neither of us knows how long "awhile" might be. Since, last year, he waited until the last minute to tell me about putting the building on the market, I thought I might question him about it this year. With the possible increase in income, and more time to save money, I may be able to buy a condo or small house, before he is ready to sell this building.

No comments: