Sunday, April 30, 2006

My Aching Body

I finally did it and didn't procrastinate!! I've wanted to put in a real flower garden and I did it ALL today. Late this morning, I went shopping for outside plants and a quick stop at the grocery store. Before I lost my momentum, I headed outside to start digging a garden.

The area I chose is in the front of the house between my door and Debbie's door. It's about 15ft. long and maybe 3 ft. deep. On my hands and knees, I pulled out every weed, dead and live grass, rotting leaves and turned the soil by hand. For those of you that know me, you'd be proud! I didn't scream even once at the sight of a worm!! I just very quickly reburied it and dug elsewhere.

After a few hours of clearing and digging, the garden was ready for a little white fence. It looks so cute! Then came the plants. I picked up a few perennials -- Bee Balm, which has a wine red flower. The other 2 plants, I don't recall the name, have creamy pale yellow flowers. I also picked up vibrant purple Impatients, pink Petunias, and a couple of other "whatevers" that are yellow. As you can tell, I like lots of color in my garden.

I also picked up Morning Glory seeds, for planting along the fence in the back yard. As well as Basil, Dill, and Chives to be in pots in the front garden.

Not a bad day's work, if I do say so myself. Time for a hot bath and a bite to eat before lounging in front of the TV. I've earned my evening "veg out" time.

No comments: