Sunday, August 17, 2008

Long time no post

Life has been so-so lately and I've been keeping busy. The quit smoking hasn't worked out at all but I am finally gearing up to give it another try.

So what's been going on..... let's start with the work. What can I say except -- it's there. We've have several people leave. The most recent being Vincent and I will hopefully be taking over his hours (7:30 AM - 4:00 PM). For now, I'll be going in at 11:00 daily and getting in some OT while I can. Former co-worker, Brian, will be coming back to Global but working at ESPN instead of the CBS Help Desk.

This years flower garden has been overrun with ferns and weeds :) Everytime I would plan to work in the garden, it would rain or I had other plans come up. One thing I did grow is a pink flamingo! It appeared in my garden overnight. My neighbor was visiting family in FL. When she saw the flamingo she decided it would look cute among the flowers with my gnomes.

July 4th I spent vegging with Karl, Victoria and family. We had a cookout and watched fireworks in Waterbury. I enjoyed watching the fireworks but it was also a big let down -- there was no big display at the end. They just sort of stopped. It seemed even the people controlling the lighting at the stadium were confused. They turned on the lights, then turned them off. When nothing happened they turned them back on. Afterwards, Bill set off his own fireworks in the backyard.

The big event this summer was Heather & Jason's long overdue wedding! Finally!! After 11 years of being together they got married!!! The big day was 8/2/08, the anniversary of their first date. Marsha came up the week before the wedding and we spent it visiting family, friends and preparing for the wedding. You can see some of the photos in my webshots album.

While Marsha was here, my brother Rick flew in from Hawaii. We greeted him at the airport and drove him to my parents house. We had a short visit with my family before heading home because the wedding was the following day. I did get to visit again the following weekend and we had great time. My neice Amanda showed up with her financee and her mom. Now, this was a surprise to me! I had no idea Amanda was engaged!! Mom simply forgot to mention it to me -- 18 months ago! They haven't set a date. Amanda wants to finish school and chemo before she even thinks about wedding date.

Now for the biggest news :) Marsha and I will be baking our bods in Nassau on Thanksgiving Day! Yep, we booked cruise #11 for Thanksgiving week. We leave on Monday for Nassau and Key West. With this being an older ship, balcony cabins are for the suites. So, we booked a Cat. 11 suite on the Fascination. I had comtemplated flying or driving to NC for Thanksgiving. When I saw the price for air fare, then calculated the costs for gas, tolls not to mention drive time -- I decided "what the hell, it's only money" and suggested we really splurge and book a cruise. Well, you don't have to ask Marsha twice when it comes to booking a cruise. Before we knew it, we were booked. Now we're waiting to hear about the flights and pre-cruise hotel.

No comments: