Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Cruise Update

San Juan:
We WERE going to head to Old San Juan to shop and wander around. Unfortunately, Mother Nature had other plans and it poured most of the day. We opted for staying on board the ship and vegging out all day.

St. Thomas:
It has been overcast for most of our trip. St. Thomas was no exception. We spent an hour or show, in the main shopping area. Just had to make to to the liquor store for the good but cheap booze! We also stopped at a few jewelry stores. I broke down and finally bought an inexpensive emerald ring. I've always wanted my birthstone ring but could never bring myself to spend that much money on a ring. This was a "cheapy" but real emerald.

After shopping we boarded the Kon Tiki Party Boat. The 151 Rum went down nice and smooth and I was still able to walk off the boat. I just had to join the conga line while on board and I do believe Marsha managed to get a few pictures.

Tortola/Virgin Gorda:
Again, today was overcast and we did have a downpour. We took a ship's tour to The Baths at Virgin Gorda. The Baths are HUGE (apt. buidling size) boulders that form tidal pools. There are also caves to explore and a nice sandy beach for swimming. I believe I managed to get some nice pictures but they would be better if the sun was shining.

We now have 2 full days at sea, before we dock in NYC. Our balcony will be facing west for the sail home and we're hoping to get some great sunset at sea pictures.

TTFN

No comments: