Saturday, May 07, 2005

Long Time No Post

Wow, I can't believe how long it's been since I've posted here. Then again, my life has been rather quiet with not much to post about.

One thing that does have me psyched is my cruise! Yes, after months of waiting cruise time is finally here. Next friday, Marsha and I leave on the Carnival Legend for 8 days in the Carribean. At 8:30 AM, a Linclon Town Car will arrive to bring us to the cruise terminal in NYC. What a way to travel!

We've already booked a couple of shore excursions. While in San Juan, we're going to walk around Old San Juan and shop. One place that was suggested is The Butterfly People. It's an art gallery and all the art is created from butterfly wings. We've been told the butterflies died naturally and were not killed to create the artwork. Sounds like an interesting place to look around. I'm not sure about buying anything there but it sounds pretty.

We will be in St. Thomas for my birthday and plan to party while we are there! We've been to St. Thomas several times and the only shopping we will do is at International Liquors. Their prices are great and we can each bring 6 1-liter bottles into the US without paying customs extra money. The shore excursion we booked is the Kon Tiki Party Raft what better way to celebrate my birthday that with free booze on a party boat :) Don't fret, Marsha has already stated she plans on taking lots of incriminating pictures so I can remember what I do that day.

Our next port, Tortola, is one that we haven't been to before. If we aren't too hung over and manage to awaken early enough, we have an excursion booked to a neighboring island, Virgin Gorda. We've heard The Baths at Virgin Gorda are a "must see". This excursion is in the morning. For the afternoon, we plan on walking around and shopping in Tortola.

Of course we can't forget about the fun things to do while on the ship. We'll have 4 days at sea and our own balcony for relaxing times. We've already decided to "sneak" our own alcohol onto the ship. This will be for drinking while in on our balcony. It's easier than calling for room service. Maybe I'll volunteer to be a judge in the "Mens Hairy Chest" contest -- again. The last time I did that it was a blast! Of course we'll attend atleast one of the dinner shows, past cruisers party and the captain's cocktail party. Marsha is thinking about splurging and paying for us to have massages.

Well, enough talk about the cruise it's time to dig out the suitcases and start the packing process! I'll post again when we return. Have fun, I know we will!

No comments: