Saturday, February 16, 2008

Non-Smoker Day 2

Big pat on my back for making it through Day 1!!! It was not an easy day. The Chantix is great for eliminating the physical withdrawal symptoms. Now to keep my mind and hands busy! There were a couple of moments (on meal break and way home from work) that I almost stopped to buy a pack. Instead of staying in my car and reading, during my meal break, I went back into the office. I hate taking my break at my desk because too many people expect you to be working if you're at your desk. That translates into working through your break and not being paid. They don't pay me enough to work for free! As for in my car, well, it's probably a sad thing to say but I actually took a deep breath and enjoyed the stale smell of cigarettes. That was enough to satisfy my urge until made it home.

Now it's on to Day 2 and I have plans to keep myself busy today. While I started "scrubbing" the kitchen yesterday, I couldn't complete it before leaving for work. So I'll continue with that today and do laundry. Another spot that MUST be cleaned up today is my computer desk. While at home, this was my main space for smoking. The ashtray is gone but the desk needs a major cleaning to eliminate the dirt. Debbie and I have made plans to meet for dinner today at a Japanese Steak House in Windsor Locks. Of course we'll have to spend time catching up on the lastest happenings.

No comments: