Sunday, February 17, 2008

Non-Smoker Day 3

Another weird from last night. I was on an expedition, searching for the Holy Grail. You know what? We found it! Or atleast what we believed to be the Holy Grail. It was the mummified remains of a mother and child.

I'm finding that housework and singing are the best way to keep my mind off smoking. So, I turn up the XM Radio and scrub away the urges. As for resting times, I keep a pencil handy. It helps to eliminate the bored fingers syndrome. I'm trying very hard to not substitute the cigarettes with food. It took me too long to lose 65 lbs. and I don't want to gain it back.

In the car, that same pencil helps to keep my mind off the smokes. Of course the radio/CD player are going full blast. At this time, I haven't spent long periods of time in the car. Mostly to/from work and last night's ride to Windsor Locks to meet Debbie for dinner. Speaking of dinner last night... Debbie and I went to a Japanese restaraunt. Debbie had been there before, and had a good experience so I wanted to try it. It was only "eh" and I'll probably never go back. First there were 2 waitresses and 1 of them didn't speak english. She understood the foods on the menu but don't any her questions. Debbie wanted a Bloody Mary and it wasn't listed under the drinks. She started to ask if they had the ingredients --- "Do you have Vodka and" The waitress cut her off immediately and said "No". Of course, about 90% of the drinks they had listed were made with Vodka. I ordered Hibachi Steak and it came with soup, salad, veggies and fried rice. It didn't specify what kind of soup but whatever it was - it tasted like the broth was made of bacon and fish --- DISGUSTING! The steak was ok, it wasn't medium (as I requested) but closer to well done. It takes alot to ruin veggies, so those were pretty good. The fried rice, well it tasted like they used the broth from the soup to cook the rice, again --- DISGUSTING! Dessert was delicious but it wasn't we ordered. The offer a Fried Banana & Fried Ice Cream split. What we got was Fried Banana's with whipped cream and Hershey syrup. We asked the English speaking waitress "where's the ice cream". She proceeded to bring out a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Oh well, dessert was delicious anyway.

Today besides doing more house to keep busy, I'm going out shopping. Big Lot's has a few things I want to pick up. Along with a side trip to the grocery store. It's now time to get myself moving since I'm feeling those urges creep up.

1 comment:

Victoria said...

Congrats on quitting!! And journaling is a great way to keep your fingers busy too! Not to mention a great way to track your progress!!!