Monday, February 18, 2008

Non-Smoker Day 4

It was a difficult day, yesterday. It seemed no matter what I did I couldn't get wanting a cigarette out of my head. Around 1:00 PM, I resorted to putting my jammies back on. You see, once I'm in my jammies, it's highly unlikely that I will get dressed and go buy cigarettes. I tried to keep busy but was just not in the mood to continue with housework. I did go to Big Lots early yesterday and bought a new HP Deskjet. Hey, they had them on sale for only $26 and I needed a printer. I was going to buy a few groceries but with the urge to smoke, so great, I was afraid I wouldn't be able to stop the urge to buy.

On top of wanting a cigarette, I woke in the middle of the night only to discover my furnace went out. Luckily it wasn't a night of freezing weather. I did check on the furnace and flipped the on/off switch a few times. It tried to turn on but never completed. Oh well this is one of the reasons that I rent. Let the landlord worry about the furnace as long as I have heat when I come home tonight, I'll be happy. I still need to buy a few groceries but I still have those very strong urges. Hopefully they will lessen before the cupboards are completely bare!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Bernie, is there something you can think about to get you past the cigarettes at the check out counter? Something to convince yourself you really don't need them. I know it's rough! Believe me I do know and I empathize, but I also know you are a strong woman and you can do this! To borrow a phrase from the Obama speechifying - yes you can! You are strong! You are woman! Hang in there!!!!!!!!!!